Community Lending Loan Officer
Location: St. Louis, MO
If you were one of the Three Little Pigs, would you build your house out of straw, wood, or bricks?
MB Financial is looking for brick layers. We’re all about creating a sustainable business model and surrounding ourselves with exceptional team members dedicated to each other’s success both now and long-term.
“But how do you do it?” you ask :). Instead of working 40+ hours per week in a boring and unrewarding environment, MB does the opposite. Our team members enjoy a culture that sets attainable goals for performance and encourages them to share ideas with others. They love how connected they feel to the business and their community. And as you’ve gathered from reading this ad, we don’t take ourselves too seriously!
If you’re interested in a company that will surround you with exceptional people who are focused on personal and professional growth, we are interested in speaking with you. Apply now to lay your first brick!
Responsible for originating conventional and government residential mortgage loans to customers who qualify based on assessment of financial and credit data. Originate loan applications for low and moderate income borrowers. Develop market in low and moderate income CRA assessment areas through partnering with direct referral sources. Enhance MB Financial Bank’s reputation as a diversity-focused lender by participating in community organizations that serve low and moderate income communities with the goal of originating loans in those communities.
The level of work is considered senior-level and you will work independently and with minimal guidance.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Originates conventional and government residential mortgages and participates in related business development activities.
2. Builds residential mortgage business by working through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
3. Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their needs to assist in determining whether a loan will be an acceptable risk according to their financial situation and obtains pertinent financial and credit data.
4. Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms. Negotiates terms and conditions with applicants.
5. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
6. Meets with customers in locations other than the personal residence of the loan officer.
7. Acts as a role model and professionally represents MB Financial at work and in the community; takes action to establish and build our brand.
8. Supports, enhances and helps lead within our MB Financial culture and role models within cultural pillars.
9. Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
For Remote Loan Officers, the following also applies:
10. Maintain customer information by scanning into MB’s loan origination system and then shredding, utilizing the MB-provided shredder and/or shredding service. As a result, customer information will not be maintained at the personal residence of the loan officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
Working Conditions and Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers
MB Financial Bank - Mortgage Division is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.