SQL Server Database Administrator II
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, US, NV
Name: Credit One Bank
Phone: (702) 269-1075
The primary objective of the SQL Server Database Administrator (SQL DBA) is to develop and maintain the corporate SQL Server databases ensuring data integrity, security, retention, and recoverability of the data. In this role, the DBA will design, build, test, and deploy quality database solutions that are consistent with project objectives, technology architecture standards and departmental best practices. The DBA will design and implement database strategies, administer enterprise-wide data architecture, implement complex data structures, and provide daily management of corporate databases. The DBA will create and administer database objects from design to deployment utilizing subject matter expertise to design or re-use, configure, and implement database solutions/processes that maximize system availability, efficiency, effectiveness, integrity, recoverability, and supportability.
- Bachelor's Degree in Math, IT or Finance
- Five or more years' experience building Data Warehouse and Business intelligence solutions.
- Experience working with SQL queries and data processes.
- Demonstrable experience using Microsoft Business Intelligence technologies: SSAS, SSIS, SSRS or similar technologies.
- Expert knowledge with SQL Server 2012 or later and SQL syntax.
- Expert knowledge with OLAP (SSAS, Cubes) and MDX query syntax. Knowledge of DAX a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Sharepoint is a plus.
- Ability to work directly in a team environment with a business group to translate business requirements into reporting solutions.
- Keen interest in understanding business issues through detailed information analysis and the ability to analyze data in terms of its business meaning.
- Ability to comprehend index design and SQL statement optimization techniques.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment on complex problems.
- Must be able to analyze and understand business needs and requirements in order to translate to system specifications and deliverable solutions.
- Should be able to effectively identify test scenarios in order to assist with systems and user testing.
- Ability to troubleshoot both Code and Data quality issues.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Strong work ethic and organized work habits.
- Ability to interface well with business end-users and vendors.
- Foster company success through a professional appearance, being courteous to customers & vendors and by having a positive attitude.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit. However, the employee may choose to stand and move within the cubicle area.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Must possess the ability to effectively hear and communicate.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.