Relationship Banker I (Cedar Rapids Downtown)
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, Wealth Management.
The Sales Officer (Relationship Banker) role is responsible for selling the Bank’s various financial products within a branch and growing the portfolio of prospective customers. In conjunction with the Branch and other Team Members, this role supports, promotes, and markets promotional campaigns while enhancing customer relationships and the customer experience. The Relationship Banker is also responsible for referring customers to other business partners as appropriate.
Essential Job Functions
• Promotes and markets the Bank’s financial products through outside calling, telemarketing, targeted directed mailings, and in-branch selling.
• Provides superior customer service during all customer interactions.
• Manages assigned portfolio, identifying opportunities to deepen and expand relationships with customers.
• May perform front line responsibilities if needed.
• Completes documentation required to establish and maintain new accounts.
• Complies with all policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.