Mortgage Post-Closing Specialist
Location: Wayne, PA
Name: Barbara Wong
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a full-time Mortgage Post-Closing Specialist for our WSFS Mortgage Division. The Residential Mortgage Post-Closing Processor is responsible for the review and verification of closed loan packages to ensure that the loans are accurate, complete and compliant and in accordance with industry guidelines. The incumbent will review closed loan packages for accuracy, completeness and verify that they meet investor guidelines when applicable. The incumbent will communicate with settlement agents, Mortgage Loan Officers and other counter-parties to obtain missing information and documentation for the closed loan package. The Post-Closing Specialist is responsible for ensuring that the loan packages are stacked and imaged to industry guidelines. The incumbent will suggest ways to improve the post-closing process, as well as possess the ability to identify patterns and processes that may improve our business practices. The incumbent will ensure files are compliant and regulator review/exam ready. The incumbent should have excellent communication skills to interact, support, articulate interpretation of a credit decision to third parties. This is a full-time position, working 40 hours per week Monday –Friday, 8:00am -5:00pm at our Corporate Office located in Wayne, PA.
• High school diploma or GED is required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
• Minimum of 2-3 years of mortgage loan processing experience is required.
• Knowledge and experience with industry standard operating systems is required.
• Basic underwriting, product knowledge and comfort with mortgage terminology is required.
• Strong customer service skills is required.
• Excellent organizational skills is required.
• Must have a proven track record of dependability.
• Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be proficient in using Windows and Microsoft software products.
• Must be able to work in a deadline driven environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.