Location: Wilmington, DE
Name: Laura Kuhn
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Staff Accountant – Wealth Division. The Staff Accountant will assist in the day to day accounting of the Bank’s Christiana Trust Group, including the preparation of monthly journal entries; the tracking of its fee receivables as well as the preparation of various bank account and general ledger reconciliations. The incumbent will assume month end closing responsibilities associated with the WSFS Wealth Capital Management (West Capital) and WSFS Wealth Management LLC (Powdermill), working closely with their associates in gathering support needed for the proper accruals concerning the month-end close and financial statement preparation, and managing the input of the financial activity into the Bank’s core operating system, in addition to the preparation of various monthly GL and bank account reconciliations. The incumbent will also assist in additional financial ad hoc analysis and accounting work within the Wealth Division, including its WSFS Wealth Investments, Private Banking, and Cypress Capital groups. The incumbent will work with and report directly to the Vice President - Manager of Strategic & Financial Planning, Wealth Division in addition to working closely with the Trust Accounting Manager. This is a full-time 40 hr. / week position, Mon. - Fri. and may require occasional evening & weekend hours.
• Must have an undergraduate degree in Accounting/Finance or equivalent work experience.
• Must have 3-5 years of accounting/finance experience.
• Must have strong accounting skills and knowledge.
• Must have the ability to successfully work under the pressure of strict guidelines.
• Must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills as well as organization and time-management skills.
• Must have excellent oral and written communications skills as well as excellent listening abilities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items over head, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, decision making, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.