Universal Banker III - Ames, IA
Location: Ames, IA
What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – Retail Banking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
The regulations implementing the S.A.F.E. Act statute require that individual mortgage loan originators be registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry.
Provides high quality customer service by meeting the needs of customers in an efficient and friendly manner while both servicing transactions and handling needs assessment and new account opening.
Essential Job Functions
1. Acts as the customers' first point of contact with the Bank, by serving the customers' total financial service needs by recognizing and uncovering opportunities and contributing directly to the success of the branch. (The time spent performing sales service or customer transactions will be determined by the needs of the branch)
2. Responsible for a broad range of complex activities in the branch including transaction processing, new account sales, customer servicing and referral generation.
3. Establishes, maintains, and deepens relationships with banking center customers to achieve branch performance goals and provide excellent customer service.
4. Adapts to the needs of the branch and promotional activities and enhancing the customer experience
5. Assists the branch management with day-to-day transactions (including but not limited to approving transactions, preparing reports, etc.)
6. Performs other duties as assigned.