Community Lending Branch Sales Manager
Location: St. Louis, MO
We hope this SUPER large font gets your attention!
Now that we have your attention, we intend to keep it. At MB Financial Bank we like to win. Building winning teams with exceptional players and constantly working to help each team member expand on their success is what drives our lives. In short, we want to help you have the best life possible.
“But how do you do it?” you ask :). 40+ hours per week in a boring and unrewarding environment is no way to live, so MB does the opposite. Our team members enjoy a culture that sets attainable goals for performance and encourages them to share ideas with others to drive our business forward. Our team members love how connected they feel to how their work impacts the business and their community. And if you haven’t gathered from reading this ad, we like to have a lot of fun here!
If you’re interested in company that will surround you with exceptional professionals focused on growth, we are interested in speaking with you. Apply now and take the first step!
Responsible for originating conventional and government residential mortgage loans to customers who qualify based on assessment of financial and credit data. Originate loan applications for low and moderate income borrowers. Develop market in low and moderate income CRA assessment areas through partnering with direct referral sources. Enhance MB Financial Bank’s reputation as a diversity-focused lender by participating in community organizations that serve low and moderate income communities with the goal of originating loans in those communities. In addition, works on business development initiatives for the Branch through recruiting loan officers and development of marketing plans.
This is a senior level role that works under limited guidance and has no formal leadership responsibility for a team at this time
Essential Job Duties:
1. Originates conventional and government residential mortgages and participates in related business development activities.
2. Solicits residential mortgages through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
3. Grows the branch through development of marketing initiatives for all loan officers. Develops loan officers through training in selling techniques, marketing ideas, lead generation and closing mortgages.
4. Recruits loan officers for the branch.
5. Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their needs to assist in determining whether a loan will be an acceptable risk according to their financial situation and obtains pertinent financial and credit data.
6. Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms. Negotiates terms and conditions with applicants.
7. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
8. Promotes our culture by living-out the cultural pillars (People, Integrity, Partnership, Teamwork, and Fun) on a daily basis.
9. Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self-motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business
Working Conditions And Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers.
MB Financial Bank - Mortgage Division is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.