Location: Pasadena, CA
Name: Lamar Aguilar
CIT (NYSE: CIT) was born in 1908 when Henry Ittleson found a new way to make financing available to businesses in St. Louis, Missouri. Soon CIT was forging paths across the country, into Canada and overseas. But time and experience have produced innovations unimagined a century ago. True to its pioneering legacy, CIT remains an agent of opportunity, providing new resources and fresh perspectives to over one million clients across thirty industries around the globe.
CIT is a financial holding company. It provides financing, leasing and advisory services principally to middle market companies across more than 30 industries primarily in North America, and equipment financing and leasing solutions to the transportation sector. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A.
For more than 100 years, CIT has steadily innovated, providing carefully tailored financing solutions to meet the needs of a changing global economy. Along the way, CIT continually redefined what it means to be a financing partner, providing ideas as well as capital to build businesses - and relationships - that have endured for decades.
- Perform process/control walkthroughs "Test of Design" and work closely with the control owners to update documentation (process flows and risk control matrices)
- Perform and document "Testing of Operating Effectiveness" of key controls on a continuous basis
- Oversee the deficiency management process; Identification, Documentation, Assessment, Remediation, Closure, and Reporting
- Ensure the Company GRC system (B-Wise) is updated timely
- Identify opportunities for process improvements / efficiencies and partner with process owners in the implementation of solutions
- Partner closely with internal and external audit to share information and minimize duplication of efforts where possible
- Perform ad-hoc project work as needed
- Supervise Associate level staff in completion of the above activities, as necessary
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- At least five years of overall relevant experience working in the internal controls domain (i.e., SOX/FDICIA Compliance programs, internal controls programs, internal audit, external audit, etc.)
- Prior people leadership experience preferred (where applicable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment
- Able to manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Prior experience successfully partnering with process owners, auditors and regulators
- CPA, CIA, or other professional certification designations a plus
- Prior experience in the financial services industry preferred