Retail Mortgage Loan Officer*
Location: Springfield, MO
Responsible for originating conventional and government residential mortgage loans to customers who qualify based on assessment of financial and credit data.
The level of work is considered senior-level and you will work independently and with minimal guidance. This position has no formal leadership responsibility.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Originates conventional and government residential mortgages and participates in related business development activities.
2. Funds a minimum of two (2) loans per month.
3. Builds residential mortgage business by working through contacts with realtors, builders and developers.
4. Provides service to customers and prospective customers seeking residential mortgage loans. Interviews applicants to obtain information concerning their needs to assist in determining whether a loan will be an acceptable risk according to their financial situation and obtains pertinent financial and credit data.
5. Ensures the preparation and processing of forms and legal documents required for residential loans and follows the loans to ensure compliance with terms. Negotiates terms and conditions with applicants.
6. Stays informed on trends and developments in the local real estate market, as well as changing rules and regulations pertaining to both conventional and government-insured mortgages.
7. Meets with customers in locations other than the personal residence of the loan officer.
8. Acts as a role model and professionally represents MB Financial at work and in the community; takes action to establish and build our brand.
9. Supports, enhances and helps lead within our MB Financial culture and role models within cultural pillars.
10. Performs additional responsibilities as needed.
For Remote Loan Officers, the following also applies:
11. Maintain customer information by scanning into MB’s loan origination system and then shredding, utilizing the MB-provided shredder and/or shredding service. As a result, customer information will not be maintained at the personal residence of the loan officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
• 3 to 5 years of related work experience
• Financial services industry experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to exceed established sales goals
• Enthusiastic, self motivated with ability to interpret and analyze customers’ needs on a continual basis
• Excellent business development skills
• Knowledge of systems including Microsoft Office suite and proprietary software products used in support of the business.
• This position requires S.A.F.E. Act registration at the time of employment. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (mortgage.nationwidelicensingsystem.org) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
Working Conditions and Demands (If Applicable):
Valid and current driver’s license required for travel to meet with prospects and customers
MB Mortgage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.