Commercial Loan Processing Manager
Location: Coral Gables, FL
This role is responsible for managing the processing workflow to ensure the appropriate resource allocation and prioritization is in place to ensure production milestones/goals are met on a monthly basis for the Transaction Management Team. Manager must ensure TM’s are executing against the defined process; ensuring consistency with credit policy and established guidelines while supporting a strong business development effort. This position will work closely with all other Operations (Underwriting, Closing, and Post Closing) and Sales Managers in the department to review overall performance.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages a staff of 3-5 Transaction Managers (TMs) to support the origination of commercial CRE loans.
Ensures the following:
- TMs performs all job responsibilities in a timely manner thus ensuring quality loan files are presented to underwriting. , Review of performance to SLA’s.
- All loan quality benchmarks, productivity standards, and client service levels are met or exceeded.
- The TM processes operate smoothly, efficiently, and produce quality mortgage loans.
- Sufficient staff coverage is in place to meet or exceed set service level expectations and maintain optimal operations efficiency.
- A high level of data integrity and accuracy of all loans as measured by the number and severity of audit exceptions reported monthly by external and internal audit teams.
- Recruit, train, develop, mentor, coach and lead a high-quality team of TMs in an environment that encourages employee participation in determining how best to serve clients, operate most efficiently, and achieve SHF’s production goals.
- Track, monitor, and manage all staff hours to maintain productivity and client service levels.
- Provide staff with continual, constructive feedback on performance; is accountable for staff performance;
- Ensures department communicates to external partners and internal partners ( including sales and other operations team members) verbally and in writing regarding status, issues or additional requirements for processing loans.
- Leads staff meetings to communicate company or industry changes in order to maintain team unity and comprehension.
- Exhibits accessibility to take on issues/concerns that need immediate attention.
- Review and prioritizes processor files on a daily basis and follow up on loans experiencing delays.
- Monitors loan flow and assigns files according to staff workload.
Ensures the following:
- That files are processed accurately and the appropriate workflows are utilized.
- That TM workloads and file assignments are balanced daily.
- Loan files are progressing through the processing workflow.
- Evaluate current business processes and implement process improvements that result in improved communication, client service, quality of work performed and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Review the processing process and make recommendations to result in improved communication, quality of work performed, and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Constantly communicate and collaborate with Sales, Underwriting, Closing, and Post Closing regarding loans submitted to those departments to achieve the best outcome for the member and the team.
- Act as the primary resource for the processing and sales teams for processing and procedure questions
- Maintain a dynamic and cooperative relationship with the other managers and partners within the SHF Operation Team to develop and maintain smooth operational transitions.
- Maintain knowledge of SHF Guidelines, policies and requirements.
- Full engagement with Sales Management that will include but not limited to attending monthly sales meetings, escalate sales issues/concerns to appropriate sales manager, issue resolution and relationship building with sales staff
Ensures the following:
- That TMs regularly and consistently communicate with clients, teammates, and business partners file status updates and other information deemed key by management.
- That teamwork within the department and internal standards are promoted and adhered to.
- That TMs remain current with changes in policies and procedures guidelines.
- Analysis – Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; Demonstrated ability to digest complex issues and develop creative solutions.
- Collaboration – Able to build morale and group commitments to the goals and objectives – everyone succeeds.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations – responds promptly to customer needs.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics; Can naturally identify opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving and ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
- Follows policies and procedures, completes administrative tasks correctly and on time, supports the organization’s goals and values.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be organized with excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Have the ability to lead and supervise others
- Knowledge of and ability to review all lending functions, including, but not limited to, sales, funding, processing, underwriting, and closing
- Knowledge of federal and state regulations with regards to essential duties and responsibilities
- Ability to communicate effectively- both in written and verbal form
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s Degree in business, economics, finance or equivalent combination of education/experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of residential and/or commercial processing experience preferred
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools
Certifications, Licenses, and/or Registration
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms. The employee is rarely required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Bayview is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.