Corporate Tax Sr. Associate III - Investment Mgmt
Location: New York, NY
Our client is currently seeking a Corporate Tax Sr. Associate III - Investment Mgmt
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Extensive knowledge of partnership tax compliance (Form 1065, Schedule K-1, allocations, etc.)
- Familiarity with forms typical to the AWM industry (Schedule D, M-3, Forms 8949, 6781, 8621, 8886, 5471, 8865)
- Ability to identify US reporting obligations for foreign partnerships
- Knowledgeable of Tax Reform impact on AWM industry
- Excellent time management skills & focus on on-time delivery of quality work
- Ability to identify & research complex tax issues / critical-thinker
- Familiarity with financial services industry and a firm grasp of investors allocations
- CPA/EA or licensed attorney preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the tax issues affecting either the domestic and/or international banking and insurance industries.
- Thorough knowledge of public accounting practices, internal domestic banking tax departments or internal foreign banking departments.
- Thorough knowledge of compliance and consulting for investment partnerships including hedge funds, mutual funds and private equity funds.
- Considerable knowledge of structuring of funds and fund management companies to best limit tax liability.
- Comprehensive technical skills in FAS 109, FIN 48, tax provision preparation audit and review, and corporate and partnership tax compliance, including partnership tax Forms, K1 and M1.
- Prefers experience with clients in the BCMI (banking and capital markets industry, investment management, etc) practice.
- Thorough knowledge of alternate investment strategies and vehicles.
- CPA is preferred