Investment Wealth Director
Location: Troy, MI
The Director of Wealth, Investments & Insurance is responsible for meeting customers’ needs for solutions that assist them in accumulating, managing and transitioning wealth. This will be accomplished by partnering effectively with Flagstar’s Community Banking and Mortgage business units through a team of financial professionals who are licensed to deliver the products needed to meet customer needs. The Director will determine the division’s strategy and manage both internal and external partnerships to deliver the required revenue stream to meet business objectives.
- Development and management of Flagstar Bank’s Wealth, Investment & Insurance strategies. Owner of the strategic plan development and execution of annual plans to accomplish key financial objectives.
- Fosters a culture that attracts highly talented and motivated wealth, insurance and investment professionals that are able to meet the needs of the bank’s customers throughout multiple life stages. This includes identifying and providing the products necessary for the financial advisors to deliver solutions for multiple customer needs.
- Oversees monthly sales production in conjunction with their direct reports and makes necessary adjustments in execution of activities to meet targets. Ensures that all products sold are suitable for the customer’s personal financial situation.
- Develops effective partnerships with all other customer facing business units of Flagstar to identify mutually beneficial opportunities to deepen customer relationships.
- Engages with Infinex (broker dealer) and other key external partners to deliver an exceptional service experience for customers and financial advisors.
- Partners with Infinex and the Flagstar Wealth, Investment & Insurance Compliance Officer to ensure suitability for all products sold and compliance with all securities and insurance industry regulations, policies and procedures.
- 5+ years in retail sales required, with some banking experience preferred
- 3+ years investment sales and wealth management
- 3+ years recent sales management experience leading, managing, motivating and developing a team to meet & exceed assigned sales goals within a results driven environment (not exclusive to investment sales)
Bachelor’s Degree Required Business Administration related program
Master’s Degree Preferred Business Administration related program
Comparable Work Experience
- Life, Health and Accident licenses
- Variable Annuity
- Series 7
- Series 24
- Series 51 OR 53
- Series 63 and Series 65 OR Series 66
*If not held at time of hire, incumbent must obtain the above listed licenses within 120 days of hire.
- Specific knowledge related to brokerage and related regulations required
- Understanding of banking policies, procedures and functions preferred
- Proven success demonstrating sales results, exceeding sales expectations, adaptability, collaboration, relationship building, reliability and motivation to success.
- Proven leadership, business development and problem resolutions skills.
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to resolve problems and prevent customer dissatisfaction
- Service oriented and be able to work well with branch employees and bank customers.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated success communicating with various levels within an organization.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Vendor management experience
- Effective collaboration with various levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Travel: Requires at least 25% away from the home office
Internal Use Only: Job Band - B