Business Collections Specialist II
Location: Fort Myers, FL
Requisition ID: 42286 Title: Business Collections Specialist II Division: Arthrex, Inc. (US01) Location: ALC-INC- Fort Myers, FL (US09)
Main Objective: The business collections specialist is an integral part of the domestic accounts receivable team. Primary responsibility is to manage a high volume collection portfolio by maintaining an acceptable payment pattern for each component of the portfolio, identifying and resolving invoice discrepancies and maintaining a good relationship with our customers and other stakeholders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage an assigned customer portfolio averaging 700 or more active accounts with $15 million to $25 million in accounts receivable
- Actively collect on approximately $4 million to $7 million in past due balances using priorities established in the SAP collections worklist
- Track contacts and follow ups made by phone and email using the SAP collections worklist
- Manage and resolve customer billing, payment, service and delivery disputes by partnering with sales, the A/R resolutions team and the sales tax, customer service, loaners and repairs teams
- Establish priorities for managing high risk accounts, high dollar past due accounts and aged debt and collaborate with the credit team, regional directors and agency owners on appropriate action
- Negotiate and manage payment plans with delinquent customers
- Meet individual cash collection targets, including 30 day, 90 day and 180 day aging along with monthly DSO metrics
- Review blocked order queue throughout the day to facilitate order flow on COD and other types of managed accounts
- Research and resolve customer over-payments and unapplied cash and prepare client account reconciliations as required
- Enter and code customer disputes in SAP based on established guidelines and provide required supporting documentation
Complete understanding and application of accounts receivable, customer service and credit & collection policies and procedures.
General knowledge of industry practices.
- Ability to work with a variety of accounts and situations within a moderate to high risk portfolio and escalate troubled accounts for review
- Ability to work in a high pressure, goal-oriented team environment
- Strong negotiation and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving, communication and analytical abilities
- Able to navigate through SAP with little guidance in order to perform job functions
- Advanced Microsoft Outlook and basic Excel skills
- Able to analyze potential risk or non-payment trending to refer accounts for review
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.