Retail Loan Processor
Location: Moorpark, CA
Retail Loan Processor will process loans approved by an Underwriter or an automated underwriting system (AUS). Works in partnership with a Retail Junior Loan Processor to gather customer and third party documentation necessary for PNMAC to assess a customer’s
willingness and ability to repay their mortgage loan.
- May have credit signing authority within delegated limits, including clearing conditions and issuing changes to the terms on previously approved loans.
- Responsible for, but not limited to, verifying conditions of loan approval with may include customer income/assets documentations.
- Confirms Loan Operating System (LOS) and AUS data integrity.
- May resolve routine title issues such as vesting issues, judgment liens.
- May process subordinations.
- Resolves appraisal disputes.
- Escalates any issues that impact a loan transaction.
- Maintains a high level of customer service by being proactive in communication with customers (may include realtors, attorneys, builders, financial planners).
- Ensures that loans are processed in accordance with PNMAC policy and procedure.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years experience in a mortgage lending and/or financial services environment- preferably pre-qualifying, reviewing, and analyzing loan documents.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the mortgage-banking industry.
- Expertise in and experience providing value-added customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience using automated financial and/or loan tracking systems.
- Working knowledge of business mathematics.
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact with customers and Realtors.
PennyMac® (Private National Mortgage Acceptance Company) is a family of companies that provides a full range of residential mortgage services. Since beginning in 2008, PennyMac has quickly emerged as a leading mortgage lending company, currently servicing a portfolio of over 100,000 home loans and originating approximately $3 billion in new home loans every month. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.