Commercial Insurance Specialist
Location: Overland Park, KS
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the direction of the department manager, the person in this position is responsible for acting in the most timely, efficient and responsible manner to protect the interest of the investors pursuant to the mortgages serviced for them. The duties specifically relate to all insurance matters. This is accomplished within the parameters of individual investor guides, Pooling and Servicing Agreements, applicable law and the mortgage documents.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
For Your Assigned Portfolio:
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
- Review, analyze and interpret all types of property and liability insurance policies, operating statements and property appraisals for commercial loans to ensure compliance with the loan documents, investor requirements and internal policies and procedures.
- Manage and ensure the data contained in the servicing system is updated to reflect the current status regarding insurance policy effective dates and coverage amounts.
- Monitor and manage the disbursement of payment of all insurance premiums for the commercial mortgage loans for which there are escrow funds being held and any force place insurance premiums.
- Monitor and collect the necessary documentation to determine that all non-escrowed loans have adequate insurance policies in force. Initiate and oversee any forced place insurance coverage that is required due to inaction of the borrower.
- Oversee and administer all casualty losses incurred on the commercial properties. This includes, but is not limited to, analyzing the severity of the loss by reviewing loss affidavits, engineering reports, etc., arranging property inspections, and processing disbursement requests from the loss proceeds.
- Correspond, either verbally or in writing, as necessary with borrowers, insurance agents, and insurance companies to resolve any issues or discrepancies related to insurance.
- Interact with internal departments as needed to resolve any issues or discrepancies related to insurance.
- Administer all customer inquiries and requests that relate to commercial property insurance
- Assist with servicing acquisition related tasks
- Train new employees
- Assist the department supervisor with other duties as assigned
- Act as resource to other department members and internal/external customers
- Minimum two-years broad based commercial property insurance or related experience or Four-year college degree.
- Legal document review and interpretation experience
- Extensive knowledge of the various types of commercial property insurance policies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commercial loan servicing experience
- Four-year college degree
- Commercial insurance agency or insurance carrier work experience
- Experience with McCracken/Strategy loan servicing system
- Efficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software, such as Word and Excel
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to function in a “deadline driven” environment and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others
- Ability to manage change and foster teamwork
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional conduct
P.C., Standard office equipment (phone, fax, copier, calculator)TRAINING REQUIRED
On the job as requiredABOUT KEY:
KeyCorp's roots trace back 190 years to Albany, New York. Headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio, Key is one of the nation's largest bank-based financial services companies, with assets of approximately $134.5 billion at March 31, 2017. Key provides deposit, lending, cash management, insurance, and investment services to individuals and businesses in 15 states under the name KeyBank National Association through a network of more than 1,200 branches and more than 1,500 ATMs. Key also provides a broad range of sophisticated corporate and investment banking products, such as merger and acquisition advice, public and private debt and equity, syndications, and derivatives to middle market companies in selected industries throughout the United States under the KeyBanc Capital Markets trade name. KeyBank is Member FDIC.ABOUT THE BUSINESS:
Key Corporate Bank is a full-service corporate and investment bank serving the needs of mid- to large- sized businesses and focusing principally on middle market clients in six industry sectors: consumer, energy, healthcare, industrial, public sector, and real estate.FLSA STATUS:
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.