Asset Protection Solutions Partner
Location: Peabody, MA
Provides additional protection of Company assets at assigned group of high risk/loss locations. Responsible for supporting the execution sustainability of Asset Protection Solutions (APS) strategies and initiatives for Safety, Security, Profitability, and Resiliency to reduce financial losses in the Company Pharmacy/Healthcare business and adherence to basic operational controls. Responsible for educating team members and driving APS awareness levels within stores.
- Identifies and collects external theft intelligence to assist in the identification of and reduction of organized retail theft.
- Conducts Asset Protection audits and details findings to monitor compliance, results and execution such as, but not limited to: Basic Control Initiatives, Store Walks, Safety Checks, and Quarterly Compliance Audits.
- Supports and sustains basic control programs for assigned locations and provide action plan compliance monitoring for follow up.
- Conducts analytical review of exception-based reports to identify opportunities to minimize shrink and losses in assigned locations.
- Supports oversight for the performance of 3rd party security/law enforcement personnel who have been assigned to locations and reports all problems or issues to APS management for follow up.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships with other retail APS team members at assigned locations and local law enforcement officials.
- Provides investigative support (for example: research, data analytics and possible witness interviews) to assist with internal and external inquires, as necessary. This may include Front End, Pharmacy, Organized Retail Crime, and Employee Relations inquiries.
- Maintains a basic knowledge of the pharmacy & retail operations.
- Ensures execution of APS physical security programs. (Includes, but not limited to, High Risk Product protection strategy, CCTV standards, etc.)
- Assists with corporate and regional APS programs/initiatives, as needed.
- Maintains and develops knowledge of front end and pharmacy systems, Company and APS department policies and procedures.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.