Business Administration Manager Finance, Analytics and Compliance
Location: Richmond, VA
Business Administration Manager –
Business Analytics, Finance and Compliance
As part of the nation’s central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. It’s a big job, and that’s why we need a variety of talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference. Sound like a challenge? You bet it is. That’s why three important values inspire our culture: Serve with integrity. Lead with courage. Perform with excellence.
At the Richmond Fed, our goal is not just to be an employer of choice; we want to be your employer of choice. One of the ways we do that is by offering a total rewards portfolio that includes more than compensation. Our total rewards includes thrift and retirement plans, generous paid time off, health and wellness benefits, insurance to protect you and your loved ones, work/life offerings, and a variety of professional development opportunities.
There is an immediate opening for Business Admin Manager. In this critical role you will lead the daily operations of the Finance, Business Analytics and Compliance teams in support of the Law Enforcement Unit and District Cash functions. This position is responsible for managing the implementation, operation, and maintenance of business support services including planning, research, and analytics. Oversees the research, evaluation, planning, and implementation of finance, compliance and business analytics solutions to enhance business capabilities. Collaborates with other departments to assess and prioritize service needs. Manages the development and implementation of business plans, policies, and procedures related to providing identified service solutions. Establishes metrics to evaluate business unit results. This position is responsible for managing, preparing, administering, and directing the control of the budget. Reviews and approves recommendations for financial planning and control, providing relevant fiscal information to executive management team. Identifies, evaluates and develops effective processes and procedures that meet requirements and standards and follow policy and/or risk compliance regulations. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Candidate should review the FRB Employee Code of Conduct to ensure compliance with issues related to previous employment and prohibited financial interests. The Code is available on the About Us, Careers webpage at www.richmondfed.org.
• Apply on line at www.richmondfed.org
***Selected candidate is subject to special background check procedures
***The deadline for applying on line is 5:00PM on February 27, 2018
*** The hiring range for position $91,100- $114,000 annually***Salary and position title offered will be based on job responsibilities and individual’s knowledge, skills and experience as defined in the job qualifications/experience
Essential Job Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following)
• Provides oversight, direction, and leadership to multi-functional teams providing a support service to enhance business capabilities, such as planning, research, finance, compliance and business analytics.
• Implements and contributes to, business plans, policies, and procedures.
• Participates in development of short-term business goals and objectives.
• Monitors division and department adherence to approved budget.
• Oversees the development and implementation of accounting practices and procedures. Coordinates accounting services and integrates with operating needs.
• Provides detailed research and analysis and responds to inquiries; identifies issues of varying complexity in order to develop recommendations to solve escalated compliance problems and issues.
• Provides oversight of the activities of those responsible for ensuring that all work is performed in adherence to accepted industry standards and regulations.
• Responsible for ensuring performance and results of team(s), develops and implements operating procedures to measure team efficiency and effectiveness
• Develops policy recommendations to senior management and may negotiate team-related matters
• Interacts with officers and managers to provide expertise to address and resolve complex issues related to the implementation, operation, and maintenance of the business support service
• 7 to 9+ years of relevant functional work experience
• 1-3+ years of supervisory experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience