Title Examiner/Residential & Commercial
Location: Arlington, TX
Are you looking to be part of an exciting Company?
We are searching for a experienced Commercial and Residential Title Examiners to be part of our Title Plant Operations Team.
Position: Title Examiner - Commercial and Residential
Summary of Position:
Acquires and reviews all relevant documents, maps, title chains and related items affecting one or more parcels of land, based on results of this examination, prepares preliminary title status reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares preliminary title status reports based on examination and research
- Examines deeds, grant deeds of trust, easements, codes, covenants and restrictions, deed assignments, reconveyances, taxes, judgements, liens, assessor's parcel maps and other documents;
- Reviews data to verify ownership, correct annotation, and proper execution;
- Verifies that legal descriptions are written accurately;
- Identifies specific requirements for preliminary title report, including requirements for affidavits for questionable documents;
- Prepares disclosure of items to be resolved prior to approving title insurance;
- Orders property inspections as needed;
- Works with Title Officers or other higher level staff for guidance on unusual and/or problematic situations such as back vesting uninsured deeds, prior liens, need for indemnity, etc.;
- Uses arithmetic to calculate split ownership percentages;
- Coordinates typing of completed reports with support staff;
- May perform all of the duties of a title searcher including opening files and inputting data, generating data from County records to identify tax payments and status, printing relevant documents and reports, sorting and assembling information, requesting additional documentation from title plants, and performing related support duties.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Completion of high school or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year of responsible experience in title searching.
- Basic underwriting procedures.
- Basic real property law.
- Basic coverages of title policy insurance.
- Format and requirements for preliminary title reports.
- Terminology and documents related to title search, title chain and property ownership.
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software.
- Customer service skills.
- English grammar and spelling.
- Basic math for calculating percentages of split ownership.
- Working independently and meeting deadlines under pressure.
- Performing detailed work rapidly and accurately.
- Performing in-depth examination and verification of documents and maps related to property ownership.
- Preparing comprehensive and accurate reports.
- Interpreting and applying rules and procedures for chain of title.
- Learn the title policies and procedures of North American Title Company.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Associate to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Driving is required. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.