Mortgage Loan Consultant- Monterey Park
Location: Monterey Park, CA
This position is responsible for the origination of residential first and second mortgages via telephone inquiries, walk-ins, and referrals from branches, employees, realtors and builders.
- Originates real estate loans. Takes mortgage applications by phone or in person as acceptable by members. Meets monthly origination and closing goals. Actively solicits real estate lending business. Knowledgeable of Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac Underwriting and private mortgage insurance guidelines. Makes loan product recommendations to members, understanding various rate/point scenarios. Understands all aspects of mortgage loan origination, including product, underwriting, compliance and documentation requirements. Develops external relationships with members, realtors and other business partners.
- Responds to member inquiries. Providing consultative services to members; to explain various real estate products, comparing the products to assist in meeting member needs.
- Initiates member rate lock requests to the secondary marketing representative. Determines timing of loan delivery to secondary market. Understands the correlation of loan sales to the organizations bottom line.
- Originates, conducts and participates in real estate related promotional events/activities and educational seminars.
- Manages own mortgage loan pipeline; responsible for building the pipeline, working the loan until it closes ensuring that minimum production volume is consistently achieved.
- Provides desk time for Call Center incoming calls; responds to member inquiries, quotes rates, takes member applications.
- Works with loan processors and underwriters to obtain all requisite loan documentation, promoting communication and teamwork.
- Cross sells other Credit Union products.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum two years mortgage loan officer experience.
- A minimum two years loan officer experience with at least one year experience in mortgage is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of entire mortgage process from origination to end servicing. Compliance experience and comprehensive knowledge of standard governmental regulations as they apply to real estate lending is preferred.
- Excellent sales and counseling skills required. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential for interacting with members and referrals.
- Real Estate license is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED plus college level coursework in related business classes is required. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish is strongly preferred.