Sr. Relationship Manager - Corporate Banking
Location: Troy, MI
Responsible for new business development, portfolio management, credit quality and overall relationship management of an assigned portfolio of commercial customers. Customers in this portfolio will typically have annual revenue in excess of $100 Million. Generate revenue by developing and maintaining commercial account relationships. Position will have annual growth goals for loan outstanding’s, deposits, and fees for Treasury Management, SWAP, and other bank products and services.
- Relationship Management: Actively developing a network of clients and potential clients to source deals through various centers of influence. Actively calling on prospects and existing clients, keeping abreast of clients/prospects needs in order to maintain and grow relationships and develop a pipeline.
- Revenue Generation: Developing and maintaining commercial account relationships in relation to loan production, deposit gathering and fee production. Work with product partners on cross-sell efforts to deepen relationships and improve profitability.
- Credit Quality: Pro-actively monitoring credit quality of portfolio through timely financial statement gathering, monitoring client’s compliance with ongoing required reporting, properly analyzing financial information and taking or recommending appropriate corrective actions based on acceptable levels.
- Onboarding: Collaborating with Credit team and outside counsel as needed to prepare credit approval documents and managing onboarding process to ensure transactions are booked appropriately.
- Maintaining Knowledge: Staying abreast of industry trends, as well as legislation and regulations that impact the business.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or related field is required. Master’s Degree in business related field is preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in commercial lending (either a production or credit role)
- Experience utilizing a calling strategy to actively call on prospects/clients and establish a personally-developed network of clients and potential clients to source deals through various centers of influence
- Demonstrated credit acumen skills with the ability to understand as well as interpret financial statements and cash flow analysis
- Handles transactions/relationships with the highest level of complexity
- Experience working with less experienced team members to mentor and develop them, sharing expertise and insights
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and credit analysis skills
- Strong relationship management and business development/sales skills
- Excellent customer service and community relations skills
- Formal credit training is preferred
- Knowledge of banking regulations, compliance and requirements (e.g., Reg B, ECOA, HMDA, FIRREA, CRA, etc.
- Some travel required depending upon the assigned market
Internal Use Only: Band C