Location: Pittsburgh, PA
The Assistant Vice President of Accounting is responsible for supporting the Information technology and operations divisions within Dollar Bank.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required. Will consider commensurate experience. A Master's Degree or MBA preferred.
* Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in business unit financial management, preferably at a financial institution.
* Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the big picture, while working through the operational details required to construct a budget/forecast.
* Detail oriented, diligent with strong organizational and analytical skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills for effective interaction with business partners required.
* Strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to work independently.
* Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple competing priorities while constantly meeting deadlines.
* Effective written and verbal communication skills required.
* A proactive, action-oriented approach to problem solving.
* Working knowledge of Hyperion Essbase and Oracle.
* Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Principle Activities and Duties:
* Effectively communicate with business partners in order to understand their division requirements and goals and to work with them to develop solutions to their business needs.
* Provide monthly financial presentations and headcount results to each division head with appropriate commentary and analytics.
* Assist with month-end close processes. Ensure financial results are accurate and prepare accruals as necessary. Review and document material variances to forecast and budget.
* Prepare monthly reconciliations of prepaid and accrued expense accounts.
* Develop annual budgets and monthly forecasts with business partners.
* Build relationships with various support groups and business divisions.
* Proactively identify opportunities and risks to ensure these are reflected in the forecast or budget.
* Monitor and track capital spending.
* Prepare and distribute monthly budget variance reports to business units within the division.
* Act as a business partner to business divisions by providing in-depth analysis and recommendations.
* Monitor cost allocation methodologies used to change-out expenses to the businesses and work with business partners to change as necessary or respond to business inquires as needed.
* Respond to other ad hoc business partner inquires and/or reporting needs.