Senior Sourcing Analyst
Location: Glenview, IL
At Anixter, we help build, connect, protect, and power valuable assets and critical infrastructures. From enterprise networks to industrial MRO supply to video surveillance applications to electric power distribution, we offer full-line solutions—and intelligence—that create reliable, resilient systems that can sustain your business and community. Through our unmatched global distribution network, supply chain management expertise and technical know-how, we drive efficiency and effectiveness to benefit your bottom line. Our continued growth has created a need for a full time Senior Sourcing Analyst position in our Chicago, IL location. If you want to become a part of our winning team, we want to hear from you.
This position may be filled in other locations for the right candidate.
Gather disparate data from various data sources; analyze and normalize to ensure data integrity for analysis. Provide consistent, relevant and accurate data as well as guidance/knowledge of the data and definitions that are available for analysis.
- Trains and educates analysts on supply chain strategies, inventory management strategies, analysis techniques, sourcing techniques and tool development. Coordinates analysis, gathers best practices and develops strategies in support of business case development. Serves as a resource to assigned client in area of expertise.
- Gathers and compiles raw data; conducts research for industry trends and benchmarks; and normalizes data to be incorporated into a centralized data format.
- Analyzes, reports, makes comparisons to industry/company benchmarks, determines trends, and prepares cost analyses.
- Defines data definitions and documents data limitations.
- Creates or prepares spreadsheets for data analysis; prepares reports with charts and graphs and for ad hoc requests. May make presentations.
- Presents recommendations based on findings and analysis. Provides input on policies and procedures.
- Mentors and assists in the supervision of analysts to ensure accuracy, timeliness, and overall project completion.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We are looking for candidates with:
- 5 years of sourcing experience
- Knowledge of Electrical Utility Products preferred.
- Expertise in working with spreadsheets, databases, strong understanding of financial concepts and data.
- Relevant and proven complex sales reporting and financial background.
- Expertise with the assimilation of large volumes of raw data, understand, analyze, and present the various elements of complex sales and financial reports to senior management.
- Understanding of CRM tools preferred.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
We offer an excellent pay and benefits that includes:
- Excellent medical, dental, life and disability insurances
- 401(k) with company match
- Tuition assistance
- Paid holidays and vacation
Anixter is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran. We require all of our employees to perform work in an ethical manner and uphold a culture of honesty and ethics at all times
Click here to apply online