Retail Sales Manager- Preferred Banking Program- Cincinnati
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Fifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. As The curious bank, we've staked our claim on looking at things differently, at being better listeners and at showing more commitment. This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.
We employ about 19,000 people, and what we offer is:
# A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and financial wellness programs.
# An environment where we win together. We celebrate achievement and work collaboratively. We're also a two-time Gallup Great Workplace honoree.
# An invitation to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. Everything we do is geared toward improving lives. That's fun and exciting.
It comes down to the fact that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to with which to grow # as a customer or as a team member.
Our Financial Centers provide a full range of deposit, digital delivery, lending, and credit card solutions products to individuals and small businesses in 12 states: Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Missouri, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Florida, and North Carolina. We have more than 1,300 full-service Financial Centers, including more than 100 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores. Our Curious Bankers are committed to listening to our customers and inspiring them with smart financial solutions. Customers depend on us to provide banking products/services that impact their lives and meet their needs, whether saving for a home or a child's education, planning for retirement, or building a business.
GENERAL FUNCTION: Strategic leadership role responsible for ownership of Retail sales performance for a specified region, product grouping, or key Retail initiative (ex: DeNovo FC project) across the footprint. Designing best practices that willallowfor successful team execution of the sales process, including aspects related to the Branded Sales and Service process. Partner with Head of Retail LOB, Retail National Sales Manager, Retail Executives, and Affiliate President/Leaders todesign,develop, and implement innovative sales programs and consistent processes.
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensures that actions and behaviors drive a positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank#s risk appetite, achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide leadership and partnership to team that will execute on initiatives within a specific region or product grouping; create a feedback loop to ensure the ability for the Retail line of business to make adjustments as appropriate and,identifyopportunities for and drive process improvement, efficiency and consistency.
* Via leadership, reinforce the team execution of the Branded Sales and Service function including analysis of appropriate use and implement process improvements that result in maximization of new acquisition and cross sell opportunities as wellassolidifying the Affiliate forecasting process within specified region or product grouping.
* Develop and ensure consistent delivery of Branded Sales and Service process for a specified region or product grouping; identify improvements and provide coaching and support to the Affiliate Retail Executives and Presidents.
* Solidify the Affiliate forecasting process within specified region or product grouping.
* Partner with Affiliate President to identify strong sales coaches (e.g. people developer, cultivators of talent, strong employee engagement, proven results achieved through others) within a specified region or product grouping (at the FCM levelandabove) to act as mentors/coaches for other employees across the Retail LOB.
* Serve as conduit between affiliates and Segment & Product teams to ensure the appropriate level of resources and support for specified region or product grouping.
* Act as a liaison with the specific assigned affiliates or product groupings to ensure a two-way dialogue resulting in constructive interdependence between national Retail and the affiliates.
* Collaborate with the assigned affiliate Retail Executives on their local strategic plans; Leverage best practices.
* Assist in planning for field meetings (e.g. Branded Sales and Service meetings).
* Participate in the affiliate recruiting and selection process for key jobs relevant to specific region or product grouping, providing candidate referrals and interview candidates at the Regional Manager level and above.
* Facilitate effective engagement of national Retail resources based on market opportunity in each assigned affiliate or product grouping.
* Partner with assigned affiliate to lead and drive a rigorous process aimed at following through on affiliate opportunities within products and segments in partnership with Product and Segment leaders.
* Partners with assigned members of the Go-to-Market team to effectively facilitate implementation of key sales processes for assigned affiliates or product groupings.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports, but significant sales coaching to Affiliate Retail Executives and Affiliate Presidents will be required.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
* 5+ years Retail banking experience preferred.
* 5+ years sales management experience required.
* Undergraduate degree required.
* Demonstrated ability to convert strategic vision into a tactical plan, and to execute on that plan.
* Strong presence and credibility with excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills.
* Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and manage talent.
* Experience operating successfully in a complex, matrixed organization, driving change through influence.
* Strong sales performance, employing a holistic, partnership-oriented, solution-based model.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.