Banch Operations Specialist - 109 - Macon, GA
Location: Macon, GA
State Bank and Trust Company
Branch Operations Specialist
EEO is the Law
The Branch Operations Specialist (BOS) provides support and service within an assigned branch and provides direct supervision over the teller line. The BOS oversees teller activities, maintains records of vault and teller station cash balances, oversees currency accounts, and helps to manage risk within acceptable levels within the branch. May have supervisory responsibilities.
● Supports the assigned branch in all operational matters;
● Identifies areas of risk and exposure within the branch and takes appropriate action to mitigate such risks;
● Serves as liaison between the branch and the Regional Operations Manager/Assistant Regional Operations Manager;
● Assists in implementing and maintaining adherence to operational procedures;
● Conducts and/or oversees monthly operational audits of the branch to ensure conformity to compliance rules and obligations;
● Remediation of all noted exceptions on all branch audits and no trends noted in monthly or quarterly audits
● Supports the bank’s Vision and Mission while encouraging a work culture and work ethic consistent with the bank’s core values
● Develops a working knowledge of bank policy and procedure.
● Assists in development of branch operational procedures; ensure staff adheres to operational policies and procedures.
● Administers the branch banking self-audit program(s).
● Oversees branch regulatory compliance.
● Performs specified security functions as required.
● Supervises tellers; performs normal teller duties on a daily basis.
● May coordinate on-the-job training for tellers on an as-needed basis.
● Assists tellers in locating cash discrepancies; manages unusual window transactions and answers difficult customer questions.
● Receives loan payments, inspects negotiable instruments and cash offered for payment, and enter payments received into financial institution computer records.
● May be responsible for the daily operations of the facility including maintenance, supply requisition and control and security.
● May assist in investigation and resolution of issues posing risk to the bank or where suspect or suspicious activity is involved.
● Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college.
● Minimum 2+ years retail banking experience with strong sales and service background,
● Teller experience required.
● Supervisory background a plus
Visit our website www.statebt.com to apply for all positions you may qualify for
Employment at Will
Employment with State Bank & Trust is "at-will." This means that you or the Bank may terminate your employment at any time with or without notice or cause.
Employment Eligibility Verification
Employees are required to present proof of identity and eligibility to work in the U.S. State Bank participates in E verify.