Mortgage Loan Originator
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, SC
Name: Kristina Bryant
The Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) is responsible for the application and funding process for the FNMA conforming mortgage loan area. The MLO takes mortgage loan applications, answers questions concerning mortgage loan products, oversees the mortgage loan process from application to closing/funding.
The Mortgage Loan Originator is responsible for originating conforming mortgage loans
· Obtains completed credit applications from customers
· Orders and obtains real estate appraisals
· Collects all fees necessary to process and close a mortgage loan such as appraisal and credit report fees
· Obtains all pertinent financial information from the customer needed to submit the loan for approval
· Coordinates construction loans with other bank lending officers for a smooth transition on construction/permanent loans
· Schedules appointments with customers
· Knowledgeable of all regulatory requirements and compliance regulations within the area of responsibility
· Other duties as assigned from time to time
· A high school diploma/GED or equivalent experience in mortgage lending
· Complete working knowledge of mortgage loan procedures
· Complete knowledge of mortgage loan processing software and its use
Generally good with little exposure to noise, extreme temperatures, dust or other adverse factors.
· Be goal and results oriented.
· Be outgoing, friendly and eager to assist prospective as well as existing customers.
· Be motivated, knowledgeable and able to cross-sell all bank services when appropriate.
· Be able to deal tactfully and effectively with a broad spectrum of customers
· Be able to communicate and deal tactfully with other bank personnel and departments