Branch Operations Manager (Greenville, DE)
Location: Greenville, DE
Name: Deborah Pinnix
The Branch Operations Manager is responsible for all operational, administrative and client support functions within a Branch Office. The Branch Operations Manager also performs certain client supervision and support staff supervision functions for a Branch office as delegated by the Branch Office Manager (BOM). This individual will function as an integral part of the Branch Manager’s team and work closely with the Compliance and Operations departments. Additionally, this individual will coordinate any operations matters involving the branch with home office operations staff and others in the firm.
- Overall responsibility for all branch operations functions including but not limited to: cashiering, disbursement of checks and securities, processing incoming and outgoing correspondence, account transfers, margin, distribution of wire traffic, home office reports, maintenance of order tickets, client correspondence, and other documents consistent with retention requirements.
- Supervising and training all support staff (Private Client Associates and Operations Assistant) members to ensure that Financial Advisors and clients receive superior service consistent with Janney policy and SRO rules. Specific supervisory tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, interviewing, selecting, hiring, registering and training of new support staff members including Private Client Associates and Operations Assistants Conducting regular staff meetings as a forum for training on new policies and procedures and to facilitate open dialogue among support staff members and the Private Client Associates
- Providing feedback to support staff members on their performance both on a routine basis and through annual performance reviews; addressing performance issues in conjunction with Branch Manager and Human Resources
- Provide excellent telephone service to clients and potential clients, including prompt, accurate, and timely attention to detail. Ensure continuous telephone coverage.
- Provide work direction to Private Client Associates and/or other members of the support staff and coordinate workflow within the office.
- Assist others by acting as a resource in the areas of firm policy training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Actively seek out and maintain an advanced knowledge base on all products and services, technology, forms and systems.
- Perform other duties as required that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the position and the branch as a whole.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, socioeconomic status, education, job level, parental status, disability, marital status or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Series 7, 9 and 10, 63 and 65, or 66
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint; Outlook and Access a plus
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Some travel may be required
- High ethical standards