Location: St. Louis, MO
Name: Paul Wendell
Full-time, direct-hire with great St. Louis based organization.
The role of a Senior Auditor is to add value and improve operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The senior auditor will possess a thorough knowledge of the audit profession, Bank processes, and a sound judgment. This role primarily leads and assists on system and district audits; including operational, financial, information technology, and compliance audits. Auditors also provide consulting services to the organization’s management and staff.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform and control the full audit cycle to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of controls within the organization’s governance, operations and information systems.
- Determine the risk-based audit scope and develop plans and procedures.
- Obtain, analyze, and evaluate business area documentation.
- Confirm audit issues and make recommendations for improvement using independent judgment.
- Prepare and present audit issues and reports that reflect the results of the audit.
- Meet quality standards and audit project timeline.
- Conduct follow-up activities to monitor management’s remediation efforts.
- Understand the business area(s) assigned to perform on-going liaison activities, updating or creating documentation supporting that knowledge.
- Develop and maintain productive team-oriented relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Demonstrate project management skills and maintain composure under pressure while multi-tasking to meet hour budgets, project deadlines, and minimize the impact of your schedule on others.
- Communicate proactively and respectfully regarding roadblocks and issues with completing assignments as scheduled.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain strong professional relationships with audit clients, district audit staff, and system auditors.
- B.A., B.S. degree with major or specialized courses in: Accounting, Finance, Computer Science or other business related degree OR commensurate experience
- A professional certification is preferred; including but not limited to a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information System Auditor (CISA), or a Project Management Professional (PMP)
- 5 plus years audit or related business experience.
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgment
- Computer Assisted Audit Techniques experience a plus.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to work effectively on teams.
- US Citizenship OR 3+ years of lawful Permanent Residency