Location: Louisville, KY
Name: Kevin Finley
Phone: (859) 266-3232
Summary: Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing efficient, professional and quality front-line service to all Forcht Bank customers through the handling of various financial transactions whether in person or by telephone. The responsibilities involve a wide range of duties related to customer accounts to include all paying and receiving functions and cash management and balancing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Greet customers (in person or by phone) and take a proactive approach to determine service needs and suggesting appropriate services to customer.
- Cash checks within proper authorization levels and pay out money after verifying that signatures are correct, that written and numerical amounts agree, and that accounts have sufficient funds.
- Receive checks and cash for deposit, verify amounts, and check accuracy of deposit slips.
- Record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
- Place holds on accounts when appropriate.
- Maintain and balance cash drawer daily and possess ability to identify outages and correct.
- Issue cash advances on credit cards for customers with proper identification.
- Allow customers’ access to Safe Deposit Boxes.
- Issue Cashier Checks and money orders on collected funds.
- Issue Traveler’s Cheques.
- Accept loan payments.
- Answer telephone; handle all possible inquires and redirect calls when necessary.
- Operate coin counting machine, roll coin and balance self-serve counter.
- Accept customer check orders and give to designated employee to enter order on-line.
- Assist with commercial change orders.
- Process night drop deposits.
- Operate, balance, and upload branch capture.
- Sell or refer Bank services to customers and potential customers to include: DDA accounts; Savings Accounts; Certificates of Deposit; Individual Retirement Accounts; and, Safe Deposit Boxes
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assist and engage customers with financial transactions via two way video conference
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products and banking information systems that are applicable to the area of assignment which include: CBS, Desktop, and Nautilus.
- Ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers.
- Ability to promote and cross sell bank products.
- Ability to work with a team and members of other departments.
- Ability to work with little direct supervision in carrying out the tasks and responsibilities assigned.
- Ability to communicate orally to others to convey information effectively.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment: fax, copiers, printers, computers, etc.
- Ability to handle sensitive documents or other confidential information.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar including the ability to comprehend written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Ability to manage time and be efficient and effective in the completion of assignments.
- Knowledge of arithmetic and their applications specific to the position.
Physical Demands and Abilities
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manual dexterity which provides the ability to handle and count both coins and paper currency. Will regularly be required to use hands and fingers to handle and feel.
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing so others will be able to understand.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to the specific role or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to identify and understand the speech of another person.
- Ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate manual dexterity through use of typing on a keyboard, sorting through paperwork, reaching and grabbing objects.
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to operate standard business equipment such as a fax, computer, printer, copier, etc.
- Ability to look at a computer screen for several hours.
- Ability to travel to other locations as needed.
- Must be able to work on a flexible schedule that at times may include late working hours or weekend hours.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or the equivalency. Associate’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or the equivalent is preferred.
- One (1) year experience in a field that required face-to-face customer service skills and money handling responsibilities.
- May be required to attend activities outside the bank to stay abreast of new developments, best practices, civic activities, and statutory and regulatory changes.
- Pursuant to the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, all employees must remain drug free and alcohol free when reporting to work and while engaged in any work related activities.
- Must comply with all Bank Secrecy Act rules, regulations and requirements.
This document and the statements contained within it are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the employee.