Member Service Representative
Location: Houston, TX
Pay: $16.00 - $17.00 /Hour
Name: Gloria Thomas
Credit Union is looking for an outgoing Member Service Representative. This is a contract opportunity expected to last up to 3 months. The MSR will be expected to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner while providing assistance and guidance to members regarding products and services. This position is responsible for providing a variety of paying and receiving functions for members via phone and through the mail, including processing deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, cashiers' checks, money orders, and cash advances. Performs a broad variety of member services functions such as opening and closing accounts, renewing certificates, and assisting members with bookkeeping and checking account problems. Answers members’ questions regarding Credit Union services provided and performs a variety of account maintenance duties. Actively cross-sells Credit Union services. Performs specific assigned side-jobs including various clerical and receptionist functions, and assists other Member Service Representatives with duties as required.
● Communicate effectively with prospective and existing members in a positive and professional manner.
● Provide product and service information to existing members and prospective members.
● Assist members by providing information and answering questions about the credit union, services, and requirements for eligibility.
● Cross-sell credit union products and services.
● Distribute information brochures and disclosures.
● Process incoming mail.
● Answer telephones as necessary.
● 1-2 years of experience in a financial institution
● 1-2 of customer service/sales experience (preferably in a financial institution)
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills