Senior Staff Appraiser (Wayne, NJ)
Location: Wayne, NJ
The Senior Staff Appraiser will review and perform written appraisal reports on commercial, industrial, residential and special use properties.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assists in the implementation and administration of Appraisal Guidelines, policies and procedures for residential and commercial appraisals.
- Maintain contact with various departments to resolve problems relative to requests for appraisal work.
- Responsible for maintaining and expanding list of approved appraisers for commercial and residential properties, as well as for business and FF&E valuations within all regions served by Valley National Bank or its affiliates.
- Responsible for bidding appraisal jobs to outside appraisal firms and engaging them to perform the assignments for Valley National Bank as well as assuring a reasonable turn around time for completion.
- Responsible for processing appraisal requests and customer billing to ensure that the skill level of outside fee appraisers is sufficient and that the fee quotes are reasonable.
- Reviewing appraisals to insure that the methodology, market data and analyses are reasonable and that the reports conform to USPAP and Valley National Bank standards.
- Directing administrative personnel relating to the processing and tracking of appraisal requests and maintaining appraisal files.
- Travel to properties for appraisal inspections and related fieldwork as well as construction loan inspections.
- Responsible for preparing, maintaining and reviewing construction loan disbursement reports and funding spreadsheets for in-house inspections as well as those prepared by outside engineer consultants.
- Assist in the implementation of new technology and software applicable to the appraisal department.
- Good PC skills - Microsoft Word, Excel and lease analysis software such as Argus, Project and DynaLease.
- Knowledge of USPAP, FIRREA, OCC, HVCC and FNMA/FHLMC guidelines and regulations pertaining to Real Estate appraisals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and organize assignments.
- Bachelors Degree from a four-year college or university preferred and a minimum of five years experience in appraising commercial, industrial and special use properties required.
- State Certified General Real Estate Appraiser.
- Must have successfully completed Appraisal Institute courses through Capitalization A &B.
- Must be affiliated with a major appraisal organization such as Appraisal Institute, Independent Fee Appraisers or American Society of Appraisers.