Location: Houston, TX
Pay: $40,000.00 - $60,000.00 /Year
Name: Gloria Thomas
1 Direct Hire and 1 Contract Position Available
Galleria banking client is seeking a Bank Secrecy Act Analyst to join their team. The BSA Analyst will assist the BSA Department with the BSA/AML related monitoring of the Bank’s customers and their transactions via report review, enhanced due diligence review, and data mining using a designated BSA software program, the Bank’s core system and other computer applications. Assist in implementing and maintaining the Bank’s BSA / Anti-Money Laundering Program in accordance with Bank policies, procedures, and applicable federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
● Perform ongoing monitoring, as required, of all high risk accounts in accordance with the established monitoring schedule.
● Perform independent analysis of cases involving suspicious activity including, but not limited to, structuring, check fraud, wire fraud, kiting and money laundering.
● Manage cases of potentially suspicious activity from the AML monitoring system, including analysis of transaction activity and balances for review.
● Assist BSA Officer in analysis and validation of core application and AML system reports that identify potential suspicious activity including case management.
● Document suspicious activity reviews for presentment to the Suspicious Activity Report Committee, as needed.
● Monitor and track license and registration renewals for Money Service Businesses (MSBs), agent agreements for Non-Banking Financial Institutions, Precious Metal Dealer licenses, as well as other documentation as required by the Bank’s CIP Policy and/or State or Federal law.
● Provide recommendations for periodic BSA training to address areas of weakness noted in branch/lending procedures in support of annual BSA program training.
● Stay current with changes in BSA regulations and develop related procedures or revisions to the BSA Program with the BSA Officer.
● Assists in compilation of information for external audits and regulatory examinations.
● Ensures adherence at all times to applicable Bank/departmental procedures and professional standards.
● Ensures adequate focus on personal professional growth relevant to taking on more challenging assignments; proactively seeks relevant education and training opportunities.
● Some college education preferred or equivalent work experience
● A minimum of at least three (3) years of banking operations with 1 or more years being in a BSA environment
● Exposure to Bankers Toolbox BAM AML software preferred or other AML Software a plus.
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and Outlook.
● Basic knowledge of Bank services and products
● Strong analytical skills
● Good communication skills, written and verbal
● Ability to work well independently and with others