Project Manager w/PMO experience (MUST HAVE OIL AND GAS EXPERIENCE)
Location: Houston, TX
Name: James Duplantis
Assurity Staffing is hiring a PMO Project Manager for a contract role in Houston TX. This is a 6- 12 month contract. If interested in this role please apply directly!
Project Manager / PMO
Location: Houston, TX (local only)
Duration: 6-12 months
The primary role of the IT Project Manager is to provide tactical management, administration, and leadership throughout project team. The IT Project Manager will be responsible for delivering projects within the agreed tolerances of time/budget. The Project Manager will continuously work in partnership with different business and technical stakeholders. He/she will also be responsible for the coordination of multi-disciplinary global project teams to deliver technology projects of varying size and complexity, focusing specifically on software projects.
- Previous experience building out a PMO
- Experience delivering projects in a PMO environment
- Work closely with business partners to understand business requirements and lead projects to deliver solutions that meet those requirements.
- Lead a combined team of developers, business analysts, and quality assurance analysts to design and implement innovative solutions with a focus on adhering to standards, best practices and code quality techniques.
- Assist in the design and implementation of technical solutions to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements while ensuring quality and timely delivery.
- Partner with other architects, vendors, partners, business, and technical teams to understand business needs and translate them into capability/platform roadmaps and work toward realizing the roadmaps.
- Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
- Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new or special assignments.
- May supervise the activities of others.
- A thorough understanding of generic Project Life Cycle management controls.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Previous Energy / Oil & Gas experience a plus
Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- 5+ years delivering projects in a PMO environment
- Experience setting up and establishing a PMO would be ideal