Claims Specialist II
Location: Des Moines, IA
Pay: $17.00 - $19.00 /Hour
DISYS is currently looking for a Claims Specialist position here in the Des Moines area.
Job Description for the Claims Specialist:
- Responsible for the review, research, analysis, calculation and submission of mortgage claims that are highly complex in nature.
- This function includes but not limited to: extensive investigation to determine claim ability to investors and insurers, reviewing all billing statements and payments to vendors, attorneys, and property preservation services for accuracy, reviewing loans for appropriate documentation and completes regular follow up with foreclosure attorneys, internal departments and others for missing information.
- Uses relevant information and independent judgment to review and file claims while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, client and company policies, procedures and regulations.
- Interacts and communicates with agencies, investors, and insurers as well as mid-level management, staff, and cross business units.
- Provides guidance to lower level team members.
Qualifications of the Claims Specialist include:
- 4+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: customer service, loan administration, collections, operations, or sales environment; or 2+ years in a combination of the following: disputes, claims resolution, or fraud resolution; or an BS/BA degree or higher
- Default or loan servicing experience
- Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting documents/reports
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to manage a pipeline of work from assignment to completion
- Ability to navigate multiple computer system windows, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Good analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy