Location: Miami, FL
Job Title: Teller
Department: Retail Services
Reports to: Branch Sales Manager/Assistant Branch Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
JOB SPECIFIC INFORMATION
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: This is a high visibility/high member contact position. Responsibilities include processing and posting members’ financial transactions, providing account information and cross-selling services and products to meet the member needs, performing clerical and / or administrative duties and provide back up support to other staff within the branch as needed.
JOB SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Greet and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a courteous, professional and timely manner.
- Process member transactions, including deposits, withdrawals, and loan payments; sells cashier’s checks, travelers checks to members; transfers amounts from member accounts as directed while ensuring compliance to Federal laws, State law and Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Posts transactions to member accounts and maintains member records.
- Balance cash drawers daily and periodically.
- Research and resolve discrepancies and report discrepancies to the supervisor. Assist in balancing the ATM and other cash dispensers.
- Cross-sell credit union products and services based on member needs that are obtained from member transactions and/or review of member's account.
- Actively cross-sell products and enhance member relationships.
- Maintain an up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services, State and Federal regulations that are applicable to the transactions performed in the cashier/teller area and cross-sell opportunities.
- Achieve personal referral and sales goals by proactively identifying referral opportunities utilizing the fundamentals of sales and profiling skills. Actively participate in Branch Sales Promotions and campaigns.
- Provide members with general and/or specific service-related information related to credit union products or services.
- Alert branch management or Security of any suspicious activity regarding transactions including forgery, theft, fraud, kiting, etc.
- Complete Currency Transaction Report's (CTR) and Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and other regulatory compliance documentation as required.
- Ensures that work area and equipment is clean, secure and well maintained in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Maintain knowledge with training.
- BSA Compliance - every employee is required to uphold the credit union’s compliance with the Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering policies and procedures. Specific functions within TFCU will take into consideration the awareness of unusual or suspicious activity that is relevant to the department.
- In addition to any other assigned training courses, online BSA and OFAC courses must be completed at least annually, as made available by the Training and/or Compliance Departments.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act, Customer Identification Program, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Fair Lending and Credit Card Act.
- Comply with all TFCU policies and procedures to ensure compliance with such regulations.
- Performs other duties as required with or without accommodation.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- An individual in this position is required to interact regularly with all credit union members, shared services members, employees and external insurance vendors; therefore outstanding interpersonal skills are a must.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively with members or employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple and divide in all measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply good business sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to meet deadlines in an organized and timely fashion.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision at times.
- Ability display initiative and flexibility
- a willingness to adhere to organizational policies and objectives;
- Participate in team work, as well as, the willingness and ability to learn new tasks and duties within a changing environment.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or general education equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years of banking/credit union experience in teller role
- Proficient with written and oral communication skills. .
- Written skills to include email etiquette.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND REQUIREMENTS
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT: Verbal phone ability, hearing, sitting at desk, standing at teller counter
MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Understanding verbal and written communication, grammar, computers
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Computer, printer, fax, telephone, copier
WORKING CONDITIONS: Financial Institution Environment
TRAVEL: Up to 25%
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to handle or touch. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.